Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheryl's Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe comes from our good family friend, Cheryl Moffat. These were a favorite in my family growing up and continue to be a favorite in my Ellis family :) They are simple to assemble, especially if you have shredded chicken prepared ahead of time. They are a very creamy version of enchiladas.

Combine and mix:
3 large chicken breasts cooked and cut up
2 cups cream of chicken (I just use 2 cans)
1 small diced chili or 1 can diced green chilies
1 pint sour cream
3 - 4 green onions, chopped ( I leave these out if I don't have them on hand though they are a GREAT addition)
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese

Put into (reserve a bit for topping):
1 dozen flour tortillas

Roll up tortillas and place them in a greased pan.

Top with:
Extra mixture combined with a little milk to thin it down
2 cups cheddar cheese

Cover pan with foil and bake at 325 for 40 - 50 minutes.

No comments: