Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dally Llama's Cookies

Every month we meet together with some of our friends for a Sunday dinner. This month it was St. Patrick's Day themed. Our friend Dallas brought these AMAZING cookies - they were dyed green of course! He made his cookies a lot larger than I did. Mostly because I have this OCD type thing that I have to eat 3 cookies fresh out of the oven (I don't really HAVE to, but I do feel jipped if I don't). Definitely a healthy number, but not quite as bad as 6 or 7 freshly baked cookies. I decided that 3 medium sized cookies was a better choice than 3 jumbo sized cookies, however it really didn't make a difference since I probably ate 5 cookies worth of cookie dough and now 7 baked ones. Anyway, here's the recipe. Beware! The dough is divine, as is the baked product!

I've since been advised, by Dallas himself that, "They're also pretty awesome if you pull them from the oven and serve them a la mode. And even better yet with a little fudge sauce on the ice cream." YUMMY!

2 cubes butter, softened in the microwave
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 package chocolate chips (or raisins).
If you get an ice cream scoop that is about 2" across, you'll get the ideal size of dough ball (I used the mini cookie dough scooper size). But that's about the size you want for the dough balls to go on the sheet. If you make the cookies much smaller, you probably will have to watch your cooking time pretty closely. There's a narrow window of cook time on these if you want them to come out right.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes (7 minutes for the smaller size)

If you make the smaller sized cookie, one batch makes approx. 60 cookies after you eat some of the dough :)
To get them chewy, they need to come out when they're very lightly browned on top.

1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

A) I love that you have a cooking blog. It makes me so happy.

B) I love that you named these after the Dally Llama. Had me laughing for days...